Yesterday I planted approximately 150 Trichocereus Hybrid Seeds, they are some really nice hybrids that revolve around a bunch of very special plants here are some notes from the grower which gives the botanic name and the abbreviation which is commonly used and is how I refer to the plants.
1. Trichocereus Peruvianus Monstrose (TPM) waffles between regular and monstrose growth, but the monstrose is dominant - columns start out normal and then get super weird - and the freakish qualities certainly came through the other time it was crossed - fortunately this year I have it in more crosses, and got more seed total
2. Trichocereus Peruvianus Cristata (TPC) is a new addition to the hybrid pool - large freakish peruvianus cristata - even the flower was mutant - I crossed the single fruit with Juules, SS02, and (SS02 x pachanoi) - basically I hit it with all three of those hoping one would take - the seedlings may be any one of those three fathers or a mix of them - I hit it with Juules first, then SS02 a few hours later, and then (SS02 x pachanoi) a few hours after that - maybe Juules got through the most? Who knows..
3. Trichocereus Bridgesii (N1) that is excellent in all the ways that matter - one of my favourite plants and I'm totally stoked about the Psycho0 x N1 cross - those should be some seriously beautiful and badass bridgesii seedlings - probably fatter and longer spined than typical bridgesii as well, based on the parents..
4 Trichocereus Pachanoi "quasi-cristata" (TPQC) is a non-PC pachanoi type that grew crested after an apparent snail attack - maybe it is genetic in there somewhere and the snail attack caused it to come out, or maybe it is purely from the infection - regardless its a beautiful pachanoi though I haven't taken good care of it these past couple years..
5. Trichocereus Bridgesii "Psycho0" Aussie Bridgesii that grows like a weed and looks amazing.
6. SS02, Sacred Succulents Bridgesii, very nice plant.
These are the crosses that I have planted (Mother X Father);
1. TPM X N1
2. (SS02 x pachanoi) X TPM
3. Psycho0 X TPM
4. TPQC X TPM
5. Psycho0 X N1
6. TPQC x (Jules giant x SS02)
7. N1 X TPQC
So that was all for the hybrids but I also planted a couple of other Trichocereus species;
1. Trichocereus Nigripilis
2. Trichocereus Candicans